This is the Tinder Rocketry Peregrine CO2 deployment device. This is similar to the Rouse Tech CD3 device but is re-engineered to take it up to the next level!
The 12g / 8g starter kit.
The 12g / 8g starter kit comes complete with everything needed for two units!
Here is a list of key features:
- It is exhaustless and designed to be mounted inside the AV-Bay with your delicate electronics. The recovery bay stays clear of the firing device, leaving more room for your parachute!
- Both the pyro charge gas and the CO2 vent out the front of the device. The pyro gas is immediately cooled by the CO2.
- It is short - the 12 gram unit is just 4-1/2 inches long and is lighter in weight!
- Two units can be easily mounted side by side on a 4" AV-Bay cap. Use one unit for primary and one for backup and have plenty of room for your electronics!
- The initiator can use black powder or unregulated Pyrodex or Triple Seven gun reloading powder.
- Initiator is sealed with O-rings, allowing reliable high altitude deployment. The Peregrine CO2 device has been tested to 29' Hg of vacuum.
- In the US, use low current unregulated MJG Tech Firewire Initiators.
- In Canada, you can get the MJG Tech igniters here at the Canadian Rocketry Store.
- It's inexpensive! The starter kit includes a complete 8 gram AND 12 gram unit complete with extra parts for just $179.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION: We cannot ship the CO2 cartridges outside the US. For customers outside the US, please select the option to not include CO2 cartridges. Both 16 and 23 (or 24) gram CO2 cartridges are commonly available in most countries. Check before you order to ensure you can get these. Also, we cannot ship CO2 cartridges by air. If you include CO2 cartridges, they will be ground shipped.
Dual Peregrine AV-Bay Bulkhead
Download the Peregrine CO2 Instruction Manual