We provide harnesses using Nylon, Spectra, or Kevlar. A harness is used as a multi-point connection directly to the airframe. Generally you use either a Y harness, or several straight harnesses to make a multi-point connection. For UAS use a 3 or 4 point connection may be needed to keep it level Material advantages are:
Size your harness to allow for 6" to 12" to hang out of the airframe making connection easy to the shock cord. On UAS allow a length that provides a center point well above the airframe. All our harnessed feature:
- Kevlar is heat resistant - use Kevlar near the ejection charge where it's needed. Most rockets require a Kevlar harness.
- Spectra has even more strength per weight than Kevlar, but is not heat resistant. However it is very light weight and tangle resistant. It is ideal for UAS.
- Nylon is lower cost, and had some stretch to lessen the opening shock.
- All harnesses feature pre-sewn loops
- All stitching is done with Kevlar thread.
- Use a single Y harness for a to point connection. Use several for 4 point connections.
- Use several straight harnesses for 3 point connections.