This bundle is sized perfectly for the Mavic Pro or other small drones! The bundle uses the lightweight Harrier 40mm launcher paired with the IFC-30-SUZ parachute. Bundle includes everything needed to recover a multirotor or other UAS of 2.8 lbs (1.27 Kg) nominal weight. Maximum recommended UAS weight is 5.6 lbs (2.54 Kg). The overall weight is 81.3 grams.
The bundle includes:
- IFC-30-SUZ Iris Ultra Zero parachute with Spectra shroud lines
- Harrier 40mm diameter with thin wall carbon fiber canister
- Easy to use parachute launcher with patent pending servo release
- Simple "push to click" rearming after parachute release
- 400lb by 18" L Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your UAV
- 400lb Spectra riser, 1 yard length
- Quick link to attach parachute to riser and Y harness
- System Weight - 81.3 g
- Overall dimensions 1.57" D x 4.06" L (40mm D x 103mm L)
What you need:
- Servo Channel to Actuate the Servo - This can include the Sentinel Automatic Trigger System or the Skycat Rescue Radio. Also eject using an extra parachute eject channel from your RC radio. The Pixhawk and some other autopilots do support parachute ejection channels. See the Ardupilot Parachute page which shows how to setup this functionality.
- Suitable Mount - The Harrier has three 4-40 sized mounting holes in the base. Or even simpler, just use a Velcro strap to hold the Harrier onto a mount. We will be providing various mounts shortly.
Learn how to use the Harrier launcher here!
The Harrier product line raises the bar for high performance, lightweight, and low cost for Drone Ballistic Parachute Launchers. Key features of the Harrier product line are:
Lightweight - All launchers use thin wall carbon fiber canisters and lightweight nylon parts. The smallest launcher that features a 30" Iris parachute weighs just 52 grams. The complete launcher with cap, parachute and shock cord weighs just 81 grams!
New Parachute - To have the smallest and lightest launcher possible, we developed a new line of parachutes called the "Iris Ultra Zero" parachutes. The IFC-30-SUZ parachute weighs just 27.7 grams and is rated at 1/2Kg @ 4.6 m/s. You can only get this parachute with the new Harrier launcher.
High Energy Spring - All launchers feature powerful springs to get the highest possible ejection velocity and a low weight.
Patent Pending Parachute Release - We pushed the envelope to make the launcher as short and compact as possible. We developed a new low profile patent pending spring release mechanism. A high-quality, fast servo actuates the release of the parachute in a fraction of a second.
Ease of Use - To reset the parachute launcher after use, you use a simple tool to push down the launcher piston until it "clicks" into place. This makes loading the parachute a breeze because you do not have to fight the piston spring. The parachute folding can be optimized for fast opening since lines do not need to be wrapped around the parachute.
Use for Drones and Fixed Wing - Of course, you're going to want to use the Harrier for your Drone Parachute Recovery System, but the short and compact launcher makes the Harrier an ideal solution for Fixed Wing UAV's as well. All Harrier launchers feature shorter versions that can fit into low profile fixed wing airframes.
Many sizes, many diameters - Like our other products, the Harrier product line is a family of launchers of various diameters, and they vary in canister length to accommodate differently sized parachutes. Sizes include 40mm, 50mm, and 56mm.